Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Bonjour Paris x
















Ah Paris... you always create interesting memories don't you?
 I have visited this city three times now but this was my first time without my parents, so you could say my experience was just a little bit different. Don't worry though, I wasn't on my own. My friend Sarah met up with me in London and after a few days of walking around London we caught the Eurostar across the channel so we could spend a few days walking around Paris. I had rented an apartment in the 10th Arrondissement so we could save money on food and it was quite a fun way to imagine what it would be like to live in Paris. Our apartment was a short walk away from the metro, which we quickly mastered and we were then only about ten stops from central Paris. This was Sarah's first trip to Paris so we went to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Notre Dame and everywhere in between and along the Seine. I always find that Paris is an odd city. It's a truly beautiful city and is known for romance, however it feels a bit sold out. You can't go 50 meters without someone trying to sell you miniature eiffel towers or selfie sticks and it's not uncommon for you to catch a whiff of urine. It often feels like someone is always trying to trick you into giving you their money. That being said the architecture of Paris is beautiful, the history is interesting and the art is wonderful. Oh and the Laduree macarons are divine! And they bring you one step closer to living out your Blair Waldorf fantasy. Paris is just one of those places that if she's able to, every girl should visit at least once in their lifetime. 
I feel truly grateful that I've been able to visit this iconic city more than once and hopefully I'll be able to visit again xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment