Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Camden Markets ☾















When I ask someone my age where their favourite places in London are, there’s a good chance Camden Town is pretty high on their list. 
So I figured it was about time I went to check it out myself. 
Let’s just say you can believe the hype. 

Generally I’m not really a fan of markets. They smell weird and the stalls are repetitive and filled with junk. If I’m being completely honest the Camden markets weren’t that different in that sense, the majority of the stalls either sold leathery goods, pop culture t-shirts/hoodies or prints of London. Oh not to mention there was plenty of Asian furniture/lantern shops that were filled with so much incense I got a headache walking past them. 
But what made a market snob like me have fun was how the markets themselves were set out in such a cool way that it was fun navigating through all the receptive stalls.

But the best bit was the food markets and cafe’s. The smells and the music made me feel like I was back home at Festivale, Launceston’s annual food and wine festival. Especially when I stumbled upon the Dutch Pancake stall, which people from home will know as the Worlds Smallest Pancakes. If you’re not familiar with Dutch pancakes think mini pancakes doused in Nutella and topped with strawberries ummm…. Yes Please! 
There was also Cereal Killer which I suppose is a cafe? Anyway it sells cereal (What? no way? Totally surprising right?) and I just know that one of my friends back home would absolutely love it.
ANYWAY it wasn’t just the amaze looking food that upped Camden’s game, but the food stalls themselves. The decorations were on point. Like seriously, all the food stores were really unique and pretty! I nearly bought a coconut iced tea even though I don’t really like coconut, the display was just so cool I wanted to buy from them and people looked so cool drinking from a coconut.
For real though Camden Town has some seriously cool vibes and I totally get why the Libertines love hanging out there. I’m refs going to go back with some of my friends.
Let me know what your fave part of Camden Town is or what other markets I should check out! 
Love ya! xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment