Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2015

From London with Love ✖️


 'You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.' - J.R.R Tolkien 














For the last three days I've been roaming the streets of London. I've walked through Carnaby St, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Neals Yard, Hyde Park, Oxford St, Leicester Square, Notting Hill and so many more places I can't remember the names of. There are still so many places I didn't explore or didn't explore enough. But as I live in Oxford now I know there will be plenty of opportunities to discover more of London. I didn't have any set activities I just let my feet guide me around and I was surprised how quickly I became familiar with the city (well the parts I hung out in anyway) and how it worked. But the second day I knew short cuts to get from Oxford Circus to Piccadilly Circus, I knew that you don't wait for the lights to go green to cross the street, and I discovered that if I stopped to look at a map for more than ten seconds someone would magically appear and ask if I needed any help. It is such an amazing city, old and yet so full of life! I loved every minute of it and look forward until I come back, but for now I'm excited to explore my new city, Oxford x 




No comments:

Post a Comment